OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Xplore OS - the OS for Hackers
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:13 pm 

Hello guy's!

I'm a newbie in OS Development. I will make a OS for hackers,the os will include Port scanners, Internet browser's,telnet,exploits,virus maker's ... but i don't no were to begin,also if anybody will help me then just send a message to [email protected] or MSN [email protected]

I know that my english is very bad,so please don't luoght. ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:08 pm 

You can start by taking your lame script-kiddie butt somewhere else. OK... thanks... bye.

Post subject: Re: Xplore OS - the OS for Hackers
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:22 pm 

Cr4shover wrote:
Hello guy's!

I'm a newbie in OS Development. I will make a OS for hackers,the os will include Port scanners, Internet browser's,telnet,exploits,virus maker's ... but i don't no were to begin,also if anybody will help me then just send a message to [email protected] or MSN [email protected]

I know that my english is very bad,so please don't luoght. ;-)

First of all I don't like you because you live in Germany (WO2 & [email protected], not referring to all germans just this one), second of all I don't like you because you jeopardize the entire world trying to make such an OS. 3rd of all, I think you are stupid, an OS to help hackers, you have a sick mind. I didn't had the intention to flame you in this way, but the more I think about your ideas, the more I start to feel the duty to flame you to 'hell.' I'm sure others will think the same as me, except hackers of course ;)

Du bist ein Blöder n00b und ich wünsche das Sie nicht der lust habe zum weiter zu arbeiten mit deinem OS, wennest du so einer OS machen wolte, werden ich Sie am Polizei angeben.

My German is not ok I know, but I think you get the point ;)

Last edited by matthias on Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:50 pm 

First i would like to point out that this person is not a hacker, as a hacker is a inquisitive person who like to know how things work, they are the best programmers, and behind every great program, and OS is a number of hackers.
Most people who hear the word hacker think of people breaking in the peoples PC and stealing credit cards, they are not hackers they are thieves, true hacker stick to a code.
Stop letting the mass media, label every thing that goes on, that is bad on the internet, as the fault of hackers, it the fault of crap products, and criminals.
Here is a list of true hackers:
Linus Torvalds 
Tomasz Grysztar
Steve Jobs
So a OS for true hacker, would be like a supper Dos, so you can get at all the hardware, and really find out whats going on.
Here a good site of what true hackers do : http://hackaday.com/

Last edited by Dex on Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:52 pm 

Dex wrote:
First i would like to point out that this person is not a hacker

Yes, the whole AOL/media hype has ruined the image of what a "hacker" really is... hence why I called him a script-kiddie :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:31 pm 

lol funny I made a game in halo today just to see if anyone would showup called "come all hackers" or something like that to see if anyone would actually be that stupid and voila a guy showed up and gave what he hacked and everything, me and my friend was cracking up because we could've jsut as easily have been cops waiting but oh well
also the third question he asked me "do you use script-kiddie" which I still have no idea(presumably a popular hacking program)

but yea an OS to help hackers! thats just crap, how about you try to build an OS and see if you can hack it and make it to where you can't hack it, that is what a lot of popular OS teams do as a security test is put it up to some good hackers to see if they can get through it, and adjust accordingly

oh and also that would be unrealistic goals starting in OS-deving(winsock, networks, gui, ect)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:47 am 

OK, I know two different types of hackers:

1. The first type - hackers who have in mind to make dangerous viruses, to make hack tools like WNX - WinNuke eXtended (new name :D) or break into big computer systems. All is against the law! Cr4shover, if "computer police" was on this forum - you can be very suspicious for them (IP, NeoTrace etc).

2.The second type - hackers who need to understand how that and that thing work,like disassembling etc. It can be used for good and bad - if you use it for good then you can learn from that code. If you use it for bad, you know what problems may arise.

Quote:
the os will include (blah blah) exploits,virus maker's

Sorry but you have sick mind. You want to make, ehm,.. "hacker OS"; and you don't know where to start :lol: :lol: Well, first thing - a bootloader :lol: Good luck with your "hacker OS" :D

inflater

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:43 am 

A Hacker is someone who hacks at something... usually with an axe... end of debate... this argument is old even the first time you have it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:17 pm 

Heck, if he's a typical script kiddie, helping him out will make little difference (ie characteristic lack of patience). If he is not then creating an OS could be a character building experience and lead him to apreciate hackers in the finer sense (the type dex described). So, since it makes little difference:

- First check out http://www.osdev.org/osfaq2/ --> it offers some great advice on how to get started.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:44 pm 

I think he stopped listening 4 months ago. Check the dates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:48 am 

This was funny to read. :) I opened the link because I thought this guy is going to do an operating system which is easy for hackers to operate and study.

I'm clearly a hacker in terms described here in it's correct sense. Thought I wonder whether I end up being a hacker after I have nothing more to hack into. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:27 am 

The funny thing is, that if you look at linux distros for security, (i mean live-CD's).
Which are also used by many hackers, most of the Apps need to be run as root.
So a good Hackers OS, is a insecure OS ;).
I know some will say root is high security, but not for running programs in.