OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 7:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next

What Religion Are You?
Christian 36%  36%  [ 25 ]
Muslim 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Atheist 40%  40%  [ 28 ]
Other 21%  21%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 70
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:44 pm 

Brynet-Inc wrote:
Salem witch trials anyone :roll:

Which killed what? 3 people?

It's 20 actually, but what's 20 to several million? :wink:

PS: What's Vegemite, exactly? I've heard of it...but am not sure what it is....Is it ground up vegetables?...

C8H10N4O2 | #446691 | Trust the nodes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:50 pm 

Vegemite is a yeast extract... it's like 60% salt. Australians are brought up on it from a very young age and rarely go off it.

It's full of vitamin B iirc, but few non-Australians like it. Looks a lot like black tar too, but it's so tasty! Just Google Vegemite, maybe you'll get some pictures.

And in the end, throughout history it's always been the Christians who have been murdered, discriminated against etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:10 pm 

pcmattman wrote:
Vegemite is a yeast extract... it's like 60% salt. Australians are brought up on it from a very young age and rarely go off it.

It's full of vitamin B iirc, but few non-Australians like it. Looks a lot like black tar too, but it's so tasty! Just Google Vegemite, maybe you'll get some pictures.

And in the end, throughout history it's always been the Christians who have been murdered, discriminated against etc...

Mmmm vegimite.. Vegimite and cheese use to be the best (yes, I'm Australian).. But after having vegimite every day in my early teens, my parents scared me off it. Now it makes me feel sick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:13 pm 

Vegemite on cheese... if we had any cheese in the house I'd go get some now :D . Although I just ate avacado on toast and... RED CORDIAL!! yeah!

This thread really needed something to cool it off a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:23 pm 

pcmattman wrote:
Vegemite on cheese... if we had any cheese in the house I'd go get some now :D . Although I just ate avacado on toast and... RED CORDIAL!! yeah!

What's with Australians and toast?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:26 pm 

Haven't you ever had the glorious experience of eating burnt toast straight out of the toaster?

Or maybe just being able to shove some slices of bread into a toaster, have it come out in a rigid state and then be able to carry it around?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:10 am 

pcmattman wrote:
Haven't you ever had the glorious experience of eating burnt toast straight out of the toaster?

Or maybe just being able to shove some slices of bread into a toaster, have it come out in a rigid state and then be able to carry it around?

yeah, i allways like the taste of charcoal when i eat :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:38 am 

Location: On the balcony, where I can actually keep 1½m distance
Alboin wrote:
What's with Australians and toast?

What's with britons and baked beans?
What's with the dutch and chocolate sprinkles?

Just culture, which happens to be just as diverse as religion :wink:

</attempt to pull topic back>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:47 am 

pcmattman wrote:

Burnt toast casues cancer...

@Albion: I was not trying to say i considered human life to have no value, i was saying jsut the opposite. I do believe it has value. The only point i was making about the acceptence of death is that it is better to get past death without lieing then to belief some **** 'n' ball story about people continuing to live on another plane of existence. I prefer to live the now to the most, instead of waiting until i have some great life in the next world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:02 am 

Tyler wrote:
As for Wicca, if you class that as a religion you miss the meaning of the conversation. People who call themselves wicca are on par with people who honestly believe they go to Hogwarts. No religion that hasn't even existed for a hundred years will ever effect my argument.

Thank you very much for condemning something you know just as much about as you have read in the last five minutes on Wikipedia, and displaying exactly that kind of disrespect that makes certain people - from religious fundamentalists to atheists like yourself - a pain in the backside.

We could have engaged in a dialogue, you telling me your standpoint why religion is not for you, I telling you about that other kind of wiccans that indeed have a century-old tradition to look back to, and have nothing to do with what you seem to have heard about it. But you preferred to insult a sizeable portion of all people I call "friends", which ends the conversation for me right away.

Go and believe what you will. I can just hope that people will learn respect some day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:42 pm 

I apologize for any unnecesary and inconsiderate comments that were found insulting, i allow my mouth to talk alot more than my brain thinks. It should be noted, though changing nothing, i do consider two people who consider themselves wican among my closest friends and meant not to insult the religion on whole.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:20 am 

No actual offense taken. The point being, if someone believes firmly in going to Hogwarts after he dies, there's no harm in that. Harm is in talking derisively about some other's belief, or trying to "persuade" others to believe as you do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:56 am 

A religion cannot cease to exist. Any religion that is not a cult is a set of beliefs, not an organization.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:34 pm 

Brendan wrote:
If God does/did exist, then it would be reasonable to assume He is/was capable of providing undeniable proof of His existance. Because it's impossible to prove that God actually does exist then this means either of 2 things:

a) God just doesn't exist, or
B) God does exist, but doesn't want everyone to believe he exists.

Therefore, if God does exist, then I am complying with His intentions by NOT believing He exists....

Cheers,

Brendan

While this makes sense in denying belief in the God described in the Bible, I don't think this justifies disbelief in the posibility of existance of all Gods. You are assuming that He wants you to know whether He exists or not. What if He doesn't want you to know? What if He doesn't care one way or the other?

This is why I believe athiesm is a religion too. There is no proof whether a God exists or not but athiests believe without proof that he doesn't.

Which is why I'm still undecided on the possibility of His existence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:40 pm 

Android Mouse wrote:
While this makes sense in denying belief in the God described in the Bible,

Why? What is it with people and Christianity? Is it that it's the only religion that they have any knowledge of? Or is it that they think by using it as an example, they can just generally upset the most people.

This topic was very close to death.......why bring it back?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next